Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Truth

Life throws you curve balls. Things never work out how you think they will--and that's not always a bad thing. Sometimes it's actually a really good thing. Someone told me a few years ago that "God gives us what we want or something better." I really think that's true. I also think that we need to let Him. He knows what's best for us, and we really don't. Trust is a hard thing to do, but it's really important.


I never really bare (bear?) my testimony, but I will here. It's the same thing I posted on facebook, because that's what it is. God has not, does not, or will not ever abandon His children. The true gospel is restored upon the earth in these latter days. The Book of Mormon is truth and scripture. Families are Eternal. Jesus is the Christ.



Now a note on September 11th.

The only thing I remember from that day was wondering if my dad was going to be okay, because he was deployed. I don't think I really understood what had happened. In between I saw pictures and learned what happened--even wrote a research paper on it, but it still never hit me. Ten years later I watch the footage of the attacks for the first time. Now I understand. One nation under God. Indivisible.

‎"Through blurred eyes we find the strength and courage to soar beyond the moment. We look to the future knowing we can never forget the past. God bless America."



Don't forget--every day is Independence Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones