Sunday, June 19, 2011

My Daddy

I love my daddy so much:) I am definitely what you would call a daddy's girl (though I am close with my mom as well). He is the best dad anyone could ask for. He works so hard for our family to keep us safe and provide for us, going well beyond giving us the things that we need. He is strong and hard working, and he is the cornerstone of our family.

My dad is a priesthood holder, and I think that is the coolest thing in the whole world. He is able to bless our family in times of need and care for us. My dad carries the power and authority of God. What an amazing blessing it is to have a father who is worthy and faithful enough to hold such a thing. His testimony is always a great thing because he is not very outspoken about what he believes, but when he speaks it you know he believes it with all of his heart and there is no denying the spirit that you can feel when he shares it.

I love spending time with my daddy:) I have grown up spending countless hours fishing with him, and when I was younger, playing catch and watching him laugh his head off on the trampoline so hard that he was snorting and couldn't stand back up. I think the sound of my dad laughing if my favorite sound in the whole world. He is a Lt. Colonel in the United States Marine Corps, so he doesn't have the occasion to laugh very often. But I love it when he smiles, and when he laughs I can't help but to smile myself...especially when he thinks the most random things are hilarious:)

I love him so much=] I am really glad that we were able to move to AL where he couldn't get deployed. My dad plays such a huge role in my life, and I don't know what I would do if he wasn't around. I am so proud of him, and I am proud to call him my dad. No matter where I am, or how big I get, I will always be his little girl!

I love you, daddy! Happy Father's Day!!

1 comment:

  1. I love your posts...they are very sweet and sensitive, and reflect the goodness in you! :)

    ReplyDelete


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones