Monday, May 23, 2011

Life is an Adventure in the Making

I love "Live Like You Were Dying." Every time I hear that song it opens up my eyes and makes me think about what I would do if I had no time left on the earth. A lot of it is stuff that I should be doing anyways, but we get so caught up in today--in this moment--that we often forget the things that are really important in life. What are petty arguments and fighting over people you won't end up marrying in the long run? They are completely inconsequential. There are things that are so important in life. If we have that eternal perspective, the small stuff fades and isn't nearly as important. People are important. Loved ones. Treating them right. Spending time with them. Letting them know you love them. 

Tim McGraw makes a lot of good points...but there is something else that this song does to me. It makes me think of all of the things I want to do before I die. There is a huge, generic one on my bucket list. 

I have always wanted to travel. There are soooo many places that I want to go! I want to go everywhere, but I have not the funds, nor the time to do so! I know that there are more important things that exploring the world, but there is so much beauty (both God and man-made) to be seen!

I would love to go on some sort of mission trip in Belize or Guatemala. I would love to go on a Safari in Africa, or tour the Australian Outback. I would love to climb the ancient ruins of Egypt and Mexico, or explore the remains of castles across Scotland and Ireland. I would love to visit Normandy in France, or other WW2 sites all throughout Europe.

My ideal adventures aren't really seeing those places...my dream is to experience them, hands on. I want to zipline through the canopies of Costa Rica, and feel the hot summer air rush across my face. I want to SCUBA with the great white sharks, close enough to touch their fins in the Great Barrier Reef. I want to white water raft the Upper Futaleufu in the Inferno Canyon in Chili. I want to explore the other world that is the Infinite Cave--the Hang Ken in Vietnam. 

I am not a thrill seeker--not by a long shot. You will not catch me jumping out of a plane for the rush, or anything like that. But I am a firm believer that if you go to incredible places, you also have to experience incredible things. You have to get in there and experience all that there is to be experienced. You go somewhere and you live their way, dress their way, eat their food...you don't hole up in a nice hotel or in a nice cruise liner, eat American food that costs $40 a plate, and watch the scenery go by from the safety of your thousand dollar room.

My head and heart practically scream when I realize how many completely amazing things there are to do in this world! There are things more important--an education, etc. So my money is being spent on college. But what I wouldn't give to be able to see the world. Money is a funny thing. But I am determined that one day I will have my adventures. 

THERE IS SO MUCH TO DO! I wanna go to Costa Rica the most.But the Maldives would be nice too....click riiiggghhht..... here

p.s.
So my dear husband, you better like to do cool things...Also, I might marry Tim McGraw. Hehe, I still love you though! 

No comments:

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones